How Does Ocean Challenge Live! Work?
sitesALIVE! has produced 75 live, interactive, semester-long, curriculum-based, learning adventures since 1990 to excite and engage students in learning science, geography, math, and history, and all in a real world context. For Vendée Globe 2016 (November 2016 – February 2017) we will offer:
Written by teachers, with 15 weekly classroom activities, 15 current events activities and 10 team projects, focusing on Science, Math, Geography, & History. Click to view Common Core Correlations for each lesson.
Free on our website:
- Daily: Ship’s Position & Log; Audio Report; Sleep & Asthma Data
- Mon-Wed-Fri: Q&A with Skipper & Experts, Photos & Videos
- Weekly: Essays by Skipper & an Expert on the Curriculum Topic of the Week
- Meet our Team of Experts
- Forums: Online, interactive, moderated forums on weekly curriculum topics allow students to comment, and to interact with peers, globally.
- Participation certificate: A PowerPoint template will be available for download that can be customized to add a student’s name and school, awarding their participation in Ocean Challenge Live! See an example of the certificate.
If you’d like to submit a photo of students holding their participation certificate, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.