We are pushing very hard to get east across the top of the Kerguelen Shelf before the big depression gets here in 36 hours. Our plan is to then head southeast to get to where the strong winds will be at least less as the center of the depression passes over us. The Shelf is an area where it is more shallow, and so the waves will build up bigger there. If we can get across and then get into deeper water it will help.
We have never gone this fast. We hope that everything holds together. We are within the parameters for the sails, yet may still reduce as per my normal nature. Going this fast gives us a chance to get around that corner.
Our little group has split. Eric has chosen a north route, Alan and Enda look as though they are working on a similar plan to mine.
46° 11’S x 63° 40’E
True Wind Speed
True Wind Direction
Mainsail (1 reef) plus Fractional Gennaker
50°F cockpit / 10°C
46°F / 7.7°C
|Winch Pedestal Revolutions (daily)||Amp Hours: Alternator (total)||Amp Hours: Solar (total)||Amp Hours: Hydro (total)||Amp Hours: Wind (total)|